It’s summertime, and who doesn’t love a burger (or three)? But there comes a time each summer when maybe, just maybe, it’s time to lay bun aside. We’re guessing that time has arrived. The next time burgers are on the menu, try this Questified alternative to a hamburger bun.
Check out the full recipe below
Tortilla Chip Lettuce Wrap Burger
Yields: 5 Servings | Serving Size: 1 burger
Calories: 230 | Protein: 28g | Fat: 11g | Net Carb: 4g
Total Carb: 4g | Sugar: 0g
- 1 lbs (85%/15%) ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 bags Quest Ranch Tortilla Chips, crushed
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 10 butter lettuce leaves
- 10 sandwich pickle slices
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 large slice of jack cheese, cut into 5 pieces
- Cracked pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, use your hands to mix the beef, egg, chips, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Separate the mixture into 5 evenly sized balls and then press them flat, about ¾” in thickness.
- Prepare a non-stick skillet with non-stick spray and turn on medium heat.
- Once hot, add the burgers and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- When the burgers are almost done cooking, top each with a piece of jack cheese.
- Build your lettuce wrap burger by placing two pieces of lettuce on top of each other, followed by pickles, red onion, tomato and a burger patty.
- Finish with desired condiments.
This article was originally published by Questnutrition.com. Read the original article here.