Cilantro Lime Shrimp is bursting with flavor and it takes about 10 minutes to make! Serve it over rice or tacos for an easy weeknight dinner!
Cilantro Lime Shrimp
Cilantro lime shrimp is so easy to whip up, and it’s loaded with flavor!! This is always on my dinner rotation. We serve it over rice, with tortillas to make shrimp tacos or over a salad. For more shrimp recipes, you might also enjoy this easy Air Fryer Shrimp, Honey Garlic Shrimp, Shrimp and Grits and Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice.
- Shrimp: You can buy fresh or frozen jumbo shrimp that’s peeled or unpeeled. Unpeeled is generally cheaper, but you will need to peel and devein it.
- Seasoning: Cumin, salt, pepper
- Garlic: Crush five cloves of garlic.
- Lime: Squeeze two tablespoons of juice from one medium lime.
- Cilantro: Chop fresh cilantro.
How to Make Cilantro Lime Shrimp
- Season the shrimp with cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Cook the Shrimp: Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add a teaspoon of olive oil and half of the shrimp to the pan. Cook them undisturbed for about two minutes. Turn the shrimp over and cook for another minute until opaque. Transfer to a plate.
- Garlic: Add the remaining oil and shrimp to the pan. After a couple of minutes, flip the shrimp over, add the garlic, and cook for one minute. Return the first batch of shrimp to the skillet, and mix well so the garlic is evenly incorporated. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Lime and Cilantro: Squeeze the lime juice and sprinkle the cilantro all over the shrimp.
What to Serve with Cilantro Lime Shrimp
I like eating this with rice and an avocado and romaine salad. Here are some other suggestions for how to serve this protein:
Cooked shrimp is good for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. You could microwave it, but I recommend eating the leftovers cold.
- Don’t like cilantro? Sub fresh chives.
- Switch up the flavors by using basil or parsley and lemon juice.
- Shrimp didn’t brown? Your pan may not have been hot enough, or it was overcrowded.
- Grilling: If you’d rather grill the shrimp, check out my Grilled Cilantro-Lime Shrimp Kebab recipe.
More Shrimp Recipes
Cilantro Lime Shrimp
Season the shrimp with cumin, and salt and pepper to taste.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add 1 teaspoon of the oil to the pan, then add half of the shrimp. Cook them undisturbed for about 2 minutes. Turn the shrimp over and cook until opaque throughout, about 1 minute. Transfer to a plate.
Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and the remaining shrimp to the pan and cook, undisturbed, for about 2 minutes. Turn the shrimp over, add the garlic, and cook until the shrimp is opaque throughout, about 1 minute.
Return the first batch of shrimp to the skillet, mix well so that the garlic is evenly incorporated and remove the pan from the heat.
Squeeze the lime juice over all the shrimp. Add the cilantro, toss well, and serve.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.